When last we spoke, I explained how I had linked my EQ Bank Account to my Tangerine account so I could push money out from EQ to land in Tangerine and avoid a hold being put on my cash. This time, I’m setting up a link from Tangerine to EQ to push money the other way, but you can also use the information here to set up a link from any other bank account to your EQ account.
How Many External Bank Accounts Can I Link to from my Tangerine Account?
EQ Bank lets you set up 10 links to external (non-EQ) bank accounts. Tangerine is more restrictive. It only lets you set up links to 3 accounts.
On the other hand, Tangerine lets you click and cancel a link so that you can set up a new one. EQ Bank makes you phone in to cancel a link.
Use Caution When Cancelling a Tangerine Link to a Non-Tangerine Bank Account
Remember, if you do cancel a Tangerine-to-other-bank link it will take several days to set it up again! You’ll have to wait for the 2 deposits of very small amounts of money to be made and to be reported for verification before the account is re-linked. Think before you delete!
Information You’ll Need To Link the Accounts
Before you start trying to link your accounts, you will need to know
- the institution number, 623
- the transit number, 80002, and
- the account number (yours not mine!)
for your EQ Bank account.
Linking Tangerine Accounts to EQ Bank Accounts
Remember, you have to be a named owner of both bank accounts for them to be linked successfully.
- Sign in to your Tangerine account/s.
- From the list on the left side of the screen, click on: My info and options.
- From the drop-down list, select: Links to external accounts.
- Click on the Add account button.
Links to External Accounts Page
Read the instructions, then click on the Get Started button.
Provide your account information Page
Type the information in the following text boxes
- Transit number
- Bank number
- Account number
Make sure the correct currency type is selected, for example for EQ Bank, select CAD.
Click to check the box beside “I confirm that the account information provided is for my personal deposit account.
Click on the Submit button.
Please confirm your bank details Page
- If the details for the account are correct, click on the Yes button.
- You’ll receive a message about the two very small cash deposits Tangerine will make into your EQ Bank account.
- Sign out of your Tangerine account.
Once those deposits are made, you can Confirm the link. For now, though, you’ll have to wait.
- How to Confirm the Link and Transfer Money Between Your Tangerine Account and Your Other Bank Account
- How to Open a Tangerine Chequing Account If You Don’t Have Any Bank Accounts Anywhere
- How to Open an Account at EQ Bank
Have you now linked your EQ Bank account with Tangerine or another bank? Please share your experience with a comment.