I helped my teenage relatives set up email notifications to alert them if any money was deposited, moved or withdrawn from their Tangerine accounts. That reminded me to set up similar alerts for our old joint BMO chequing account. Which in turn motivated me to add the information to our EQ Bank account settings so that we would receive warning alert messages if certain activities happened to or in our accounts.
What Can I Set an EQ Bank Account Alert Message to Tell Me?
These are the options you can select to protect your EQ Bank accounts:
- Large withdrawal made for more than $ XX
- Recurring transaction was processed
- Account balance drops below $ YY
- Large deposit made for more than $ ZZ
- A scheduled bill payment was made
- Your bank statement is available
For each option, you choose whether to turn it On or Off.
How to Set the Security Warning Alerts for Your EQ Bank Accounts
Remember even if you don’t make any bill payments or recurring transactions you might want to turn those options to ON. Then if some fraudulent bill payment or recurring transaction occurs, you will get a message.
- Sign in to your EQ online banking account/s.
- From the list of links on the top of the screen, select: Alerts
- To turn on a type of Alert, click on the oddly-shaped button that says Off beside it. The button should change to say On.
- Where appropriate, type in the $ amounts to trigger the warning.
- Click on the button: Save changes
- If you have more than one account with EQ, you then need to choose the next account you want to set warnings for from the list on the left side of the screen and repeat the process.
- You should receive the message: Your alert preferences have been successfully updated.
If not, try again or call EQ Bank to ask about the problem.
- When you are finished banking, click on Sign Out.
- For increased security, clear your browser history and cache and turn off your browser.
- How to Set Warning Alerts for Your BMO Bank Accounts
- How to Set Warning Alerts for your Oaken Financial Bank Accounts
- How to Set Warning Alerts for Your Tangerine Bank Accounts
Have you ever caught a fraudulent action in your bank accounts by receiving an alert? Please share your experiences with a comment.