From November 2017 till February 28, 2018, Simplii Financial is offering 3% annual interest on increased balances in your savings accounts. So I’m going to move some money in from our CIBC chequing account, which is already linked, to our Simplii Financial savings account.
Submitting a Pull Transfer Request from an External Bank to Simplii Financial
This is only easy if the accounts are already linked ready to make transfers. Fortunately, when Simplii Financial took over the business from PC Financial, they left the existing links intact. So I can do this transfer quickly.
- Sign on to your Simplii Financial account.
- On the Accounts Transfer page, there is a box near the right side of the screen called Quick Transfer.
- From the drop-down list Choose an account, select your external bank account.
I selected our CIBC joint chequing account.
- From the drop-down list Choose an account, select your Simplii Financial savings account.
- Type in the amount you want to move in the Amount: text box.
- Click on the Continue button.
The Transfers Page
As usual, it will not let you ask for the transfer to occur on today’s business date.
- From the Transfer Date: drop-down lists, select the next day.
- If the other details are correct, click on the Continue button.
The Transfer – Verification Page
- Review the details.
- If they are correct, click on the Confirm button.
If not, click on the Back or Cancel buttons.
- You should get a confirmation message for a successful transfer.
- Copy the Reference Number in case there are any problems over the next few days.
- If you have other banking requests, click on the appropriate links.
- When you are finished banking, click on the sign out button.
- Clear your browser history and cache and close your browser session for increased security.
Have you moved some cash to Simplii to take advantage of the 3% annual interest rate? Do you intend to move it out again if the rate drops to 0.9%? Please share your views with a comment.