I applied for an ING Direct, now Tangerine.ca, Chequing account on Friday March 26. Because I was already an ING, now Tangerine, savings account customer, the account was created immediately. (It will take a bit longer if you have to provide proof of your identity and a void cheque to link your account to another financial institution.) On Tuesday April 2, I received my ABM Debit card for the account in the mail. On Wednesday April 3, I received the PIN for the card in the mail. This is great service,
as in between the time I set up and received the card was the Easter long weekend, with 2 days Canada Post does not deliver mail. Once I received the card and PIN, this is how I activated the card for my new Tangerine chequing account:
To Start Using your Tangerine ABM Card
- Login to your account/s at Tangerine.
- After clicking View My Accounts, under the Chequing section will be a new section that says
“Did you get your new card and PIN?”
- Click on the Activate Now button.
- As directed, enter the correct digits of your card number, then click on the Go button.
- The message Your New Client Card has been activated! will be displayed.
- Sign out of your Tangerine session and close your browser.
Note: you can also activate your card by phoning Tangerine at 1 800 863 1605. You will have to answer security questions to activate the card.
- How to Open a Tangerine Chequing Account If You Have No Bank Accounts
- How to Open an Tangerine Chequing Account
Do you use a
Tangerine card as your debit card of choice? Please share your experiences with a comment.
Yes, we bank with Tangerine.ca among other places. If you open your first account ever with Tangerine (or ING Direct) using our Orange Key below, and deposit $100 before April 30, 2018, you and we will both get a cash bonus of $50 each. (Yes, they did extend the promotion for another few months!) All you have to do is enter the Orange Key 46470587S1 when you are opening your Account, and you’re set to go.
Just copy our Orange Key, then click on this Tangerine link to see the details and apply for an account. (Note: it only applies to people with no existing or previous accounts with Tangerine or ING Direct.)